Stellantis held the “Commercial Vehicles Ambition Day” today in Amsterdam, announcing 12 second-generation electric vans under its newly formed Stellantis Pro One commercial vehicles business unit. Stellantis, formed after the merger between Fiat Chrysler and PSA Group is the parent company of over a dozen reputed global automotive brands like Ram, Jeep, Alfa Romeo Citroen, and many more.
Today’s announcement concerns primarily the European market, with updated electric vans like the Citroen e-Berlingo, Fiat Doblo, and Opel/Vauxhall Combo, among many others (full list below). For North America, Stellantis reaffirmed that the Ram ProMaster EV would arrive by the end of 2023, followed by the Ram 1500 REV electric truck by the end of 2024. Stellantis also added that the ProMaster EV’s launch will be followed by the launch of four electrified Ram pickup trucks in the next two years.
Here are the specifications of the second-generation vans unveiled today:
- Compact: 205 miles range (330 kilometers), 31 miles more than before. Battery size unspecified.
- Mid-size: 224 miles range (350 km), Battery capacity ranging between 50-75 kilowatt hours.
- Large: 261 miles range (420 km), 110 kWh battery capacity, and 0-80 percent state of charge (SoC) in under an hour thanks to a 150-kilowatt fast charging rate.
Additional features in the second-generation vans include regenerative braking, a heat pump to optimize range in winter conditions, larger gauge clusters and infotainment screens with new user interfaces, and Level 2 driver assistance features (only for the large vans) with a combination of adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go function, lane centering and traffic jam assist, among others.
“This second generation of zero-emission vans will offer increased BEV autonomy, additional fuel-cell offer, 18 ADAS features, full connectivity, and innovations such as ‘electric power take off’, and will reinforce even further our current leadership in BEV vans and in all van segments,” said Xavier Peugeot, Senior Vice President, Stellantis Commercial Vehicles Business Unit.
Here’s the full list of updated second-generation Stellantis vans:
- Citroen: e-Berlingo (compact), Jumpy (mid-size), Jumper (large)
- Fiat: Doblo (compact), Scudo (mid-size), Ducato (large)
- Opel/Vauxhall: Combo (compact), Vivaro (mid-size), Movano (large)
- Peugeot: Partner (compact), Expert (mid-size), Boxer (large).
The group also announced an electric delivery van, whose on-screen graphic was reminiscent of the Rivian Amazon EDV with a rear door that rolls up. However, it didn’t mention which badge this electric van would wear, which market it was intended for, and the launch timeline.
This is an ongoing story. Stay tuned for updates.
Source: Read Full Article