But what about those who just bought the Comfortline with MPi engine? I have received so many calls from such people who just took their MPi Comfortline deliveries.
himanshumor recently shared this with other BHPians.
Is ŠKODA AUTO VOLKSWAGEN INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED betraying existing customers?
Polo & Vento Turbo editions launched on 15th Feb 2021
- Good news for those who were just about to buy the Polo/Vento as they can get the TSi engine for 6.99/8.69 lacs.
- Bad and hurtful news for those who recently bought the MPi engine Polo/Vento.
This post is primarily about point number 2.
I myself bought a Polo Trendline to close a value for money deal back in October 2020.
Watching this news, I was shocked and felt a bit betrayed as I could buy the TSi engine for approx. 1.2 lacs more, but I made peace with my purchase as I am still a Trendline buyer (and a sedate driver too) who got the Trendline at great discounts. But what about those who just bought the Comfortline with MPi engine? I have received so many calls from such people who just took their MPi Comfortline deliveries and below is the original email of dissent from one such Comfortline buyer (a known friend):
Questions I want to ask fellow BHPians on this:
- Is VW justified in doing such a thing? Why could not VW inform this in advance and sell the MPi variant at higher discounts to allow customers to decide what they want, if stock clearance was their main point to sustain business?
- What should one do now? Will ŠKODA AUTO VOLKSWAGEN INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED entertain such email requests?
- If company does not entertain then what is the practical solution for such buyers?
- Sell their new car on used car platforms like Cars24/Spinny/Droom etc.?
- How much loss is expected in doing so?
Here’s what GTO had to say on the matter:
I understand your POV, but that’s business. Things change & surprise deals can shock. Not just in cars, but even smartphones, restaurants, real estate etc. I know someone who bought a 10-crore apartment @ Lodha, and has to live with the same property now being sold at 6 crore. How would you feel fine-dining at a pricey restaurant at full price, then knowing the next table used Zomato Gold for a 50% discount? How do customers who just bought the old i20 feel, when the new i20 gets caught in a scoop pic, thereby indicating an impending entry?
Generally, the more you wait, the better the car you will get. Question is = how much will you wait?
Of course, such “surprise deals” can lead to some disgruntled existing owners. But let me ask you a question = what if it had swung the other way? What if the price of the MPI had gone up by a further 1 lakh? Would you pay the difference? Obviously not.
You bought a car because you liked it at the time. Live with it. There is absolutely nothing that can be done, except some deep breathing & meditation to cool the mind.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article