The MU-X had better 2nd and 3rd row comfort vs the Gloster and the Fortuner.
BHPian JoaTMoN recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
After much deliberation, I finally decided to listen to my heart over my brain. I have booked the 4wd Isuzu MU-X! My sincere apologies to those who tried to stop me for all the good reasons!
I had considered the following vehicles:
- Isuzu MU-X
- MG Gloster
- Toyota Fortuner
- Skoda Kodiaq
- Scorpio N
My requirements were:
- Ride quality
- Proper 4WD SUV
- Comfortable 2nd row
- Adult-compatible 3rd row
- Enough room to store my Break-down Tool Box with all 3 rows up
Reasons for not choosing the other vehicles:
- MG Gloster – questionable reliability; too many gadgetry=too many things prone to failure?; they refused to demonstrate its off-road capabilities.
- Toyota Fortuner – nobody in the family liked the ride quality in any of the rows; SA’s attitude.
- Skoda Kodiaq – nearest showroom being 70km away, they didn’t even offer a test-drive.
- Scorpio N – same as above; was also concerned about niggles & recalls; no boot space.
- XUV700 – niggles (even the TD vehicle had several things not working) & recalls; no boot space; not a proper 4WD SUV.
Reasons for choosing the Isuzu MU-X:
- They not only demonstrated its off-road prowess, they even let me do all the stunts; though the brochure says it can ascend 30° inclines, it ascended and descended a 50°(could even be more) mound like it never existed.
- Better 2nd and 3rd row comfort vs the Gloster and the Fortuner.
- Enough boot space to keep the kits with all 3 rows up.
- Very good ride comfort.
- Nobody else has ever given a comprehensive demo/trial of every safety feature available (ABS+EBD+EBA, ESC with TCS; okay, no, they didn’t demonstrate the airbag deployment feature ). This alone was enough to impress me.
I will let you all know later if my heart was right this time!
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article