SUVs are seemingly all anyone wants to hear about these days, and Lincoln has had the car-shopping public’s ear since it started revamping its luxury SUV lineup in the past couple of years. Even so, it’s still surprising when, say, the 2020 Lincoln Aviator — predictably popular as it may be with Cars.com visitors — handily outpaces an icon of the automotive world, the Chevrolet Corvette, in the realm of news readership. And yet, here we are.
Related: 2020 Lincoln Aviator: Everything You Need to Know
Our quick-hit rundown of the things we like (and things we think could use some attention from the automaker) about the all-new three-row SUV from Ford’s reenergized luxury brand, the Aviator, had a first-class seat on a flight straight to the top of our most read news articles of the week. If you haven’t checked it out yet — where have you been? — we touch on powertrain prowess, driving excitement, interior luxury, tech and safety features, fuel economy, pricing, ride feel, third-row comfort and much more in an easy-to-digest breakdown of our expert review by Cars.com’s Aaron Bragman.
While the Aviator may be enjoying its view from the top, the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette — the deliriously anticipated, first-ever mid-engine version of the civilian supercar — actually found its way into this week’s top five twice. The first is in our preview story heralding the Vette’s appearance at the 2019 Orange International County Auto Show — the O.C. exhibit could be considered a sort of soft opening to auto-show season, which officially kicks off in Los Angeles in November — coming in at No. 2; the second is our coverage of Chevy’s announcement that the 2020 Corvette would get a convertible version with a retractable hardtop, another milestone for the model, at No. 4.
Rounding out the top five were a safety recall alert at No. 3 involving approximately 9,400 model-year 2020 Ford Escape SUVs for a defect affecting seatback strength that could cause inadequate occupant restraint in a crash, and our comprehensive report on what changed between the 2019 and 2020 model years on the Nissan Armada SUV — including our official recommendation on which model year you should buy — taking fifth place.
Beyond that, there’s Tesla news, pickup truck news, fuel economy news and much more — so don’t stop till you hit double digits. Here are the top 10 news stories Cars.com readers couldn’t get enough of in the past week:
1. 2020 Lincoln Aviator: 9 Things We Like and 4 Things We Don’t
2. 2019 Orange County Auto Show: 2020 Corvette and 4 More Things You Can’t Miss
3. 2020 Ford Escape: Recall Alert
4. 2020 Corvette Convertible, Anyone? The Answer Is Easy, But the Top Is Hard
5. 2020 Nissan Armada: What’s Changed
6. The Week in Tesla News: V10 Update Pops, Enhanced Summon Shows Up, Model S Cop Car Calls Off Chase
7. All the Pickup Truck News: 2020 Nissan Titan in Texas, Ford Takes Towing Title, Chevy and Ram Black Out and More
8. 2019-2020 Nissan Rogue: Everything You Need to Know
9. Real-World Fuel Economy: 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid Is an MPG Overachiever
10. 2020 Nissan Titan Video: A Surprisingly Thorough Refresh
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
Source: Read Full Article